crash report (back to windows)

Renoow

Question

8 answers to this question

I'm having issues transitioning. I read that Wasteland 2 had these problems and were looking to patch a fix for this on POE. Is that going to happen? Here are my logs from last week but it's happening all of the time.  

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wtw44a9sre7ztri/error%202015-05-14_174714.txt?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/30uvdddzzphukxq/error%202015-05-14_175700.txt?dl=0

32 bit Vista Intel Duo Core 2.4 Ghz

EvilCalvin42,

Please review the MUST READ... thread (specifically, a copy of your output_log.txt file is needed to provide a proper diagnosis - just attach it, or a zipped version, to your next post). Most likely you are encountering the 2GB-per-process limit mentioned in the second post and should find the workaround mentioned there solves that issue.

As for Obsidian doing a patch to fix this, possible but unlikely. A move to the latest Unity 5 engine might help in reducing memory usage but the only way around the 2/3/4GB per-process limitation is to make PoE 64-bit (and unusable on 32-bit systems) or for Unity to implement workarounds like Address Windowing Extension.

• Like 1

EvilCalvin42,

Please review the MUST READ... thread (specifically, a copy of your output_log.txt file is needed to provide a proper diagnosis - just attach it, or a zipped version, to your next post). Most likely you are encountering the 2GB-per-process limit mentioned in the second post and should find the workaround mentioned there solves that issue.

As for Obsidian doing a patch to fix this, possible but unlikely. A move to the latest Unity 5 engine might help in reducing memory usage but the only way around the 2/3/4GB per-process limitation is to make PoE 64-bit (and unusable on 32-bit systems) or for Unity to implement workarounds like Address Windowing Extension.

Isn't that what I attached via dropbox link? I keep posting the links and I keep getting told something else. If I'm not supposed to post this here then how to I send it to the developers?

EvilCalvin42,

Your Dropbox links only had two error.txt files. These are nearly useless on their own - the output_log.txt file is necessary to see what happened leading up to the error.

To attach a file to a post, press the "More Reply Options" button which will take you to a "new post" page - under the text box in that page will be a pair of boxes with "Choose..." buttons beside them. Use these to select the appropriate files (error.txt and output_log.txt) and those files will be copied up with your next post.

Edited by AstralWanderer