I have to say, "Hale and Hardy" seems like the most lackluster racial perk of all time. Is +20 def against poison and disease really of any use? I can't see it would be usefull at all; these attack are rather fringe concerns, aren't they? There are few dangerous enemies that use poison and I haven't really noticed being very bothered by diseases.

I have to say, "Hale and Hardy" seems like the most lackluster racial perk of all time. Is +20 def against poison and disease really of any use? I can't see it would be usefull at all; these attack are rather fringe concerns, aren't they? There are few dangerous enemies that use poison and I haven't really noticed being very bothered by diseases.

The thing is, I thought that poison did RAW damage, so how can there be a defense against it in the first place?

But I agree with your sentiment about the Mountain Dwarf racial benefit.  The Boreal Dwarf one seems a lot more useful.  And IMHO, mountain dwarfs would be better if they got a similar racial benefit, just for 2 different monster groups.

Agree. +10 Fortitude or +10 to Defenses vs Spells would fit the Dwarven archetype and be much more valuable as character options.

It's part of the greater racial bonus imbalance problem. Some are universally useful and/or wildly OP, others pointless or only good for one or two builds.

Exoduss, on 14 Apr 2015 - 11:11 AM, said: 

also secret about hardmode with 6 man party is :  its a faceroll most of the fights you will Auto Attack mobs while lighting your spliff