[1.04] The Champion of Berath reputation bug

Kriber22

Question

I did the Champion of Berath yesterday, and discovered a bug that influenced my reputation with Gilded Vale. After (re)killing Raedric I left the roof and went down to the priests' level in the keep (I forget what it's called). Then I went down the stairs to the small chamber adjacent to the throne room. When I entered the throne room I was notified that I had suffered a major reputation loss with Gilded Vale, dropping it from Champion to Defender(?). I reloaded and went down from the priest level to the courtyard, skipping the main level of the keep. No reputation change occurred.

Could it possibly be related to the undead Raedric killing Kolsc and me suffering reputation loss for that when I entered the level where Kolsc was when he died? As if I'd killed him during/after Lord of a Barren Land?

2 answers to this question

nop, its a bug completely tied to the main level of the keep. if you enter it at any point after the quest has started (even if you come back after the quest) you lose reputation
but

http://forums.obsidian.net/blog/7/entry-183-patch-notes-105-in-progress/

Fixed issue with a reputation loss with Gilded Vale when entering Raedric's Hold.

PIllars of eternty (Hard) 1st playtrough: 155h, 38 m (main Ranger with bear(bow), Eder, Durance(off tank), Hirvais(off tank), Kana(ranged), Aloth/GM)
PIllars of eternty (PtoD) 2nd playtrough: 88h 30 m (main Bleak Walker Paladin, Eder, Barbarian, Monk, Rogue (ranged) Cypher(wand)
(not counting reloads and experimenting)
status i love the game, hate the bugs, and wish for better AI and Pathfinding

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/78749-needed-qualyty-of-life-improvements-information-and-transparency/