[Windows] Changing language to italian causes weird bugs (camera shaking, ondra's flooded)

savior99

Question

Hi all, 

Yesterday I realized I could change the language to italian. I was so happy, the wording used in game are not really simple.

After having changed the language I've noticed at least 2 bugs:

1. Ondra's gift get flooded (it's bugged, not the tide thing). Changing back to english fixes it.
  2. Fireball hits cause a huge amount of screen shaking, that last for 2-3 seconds, and game unplayable during that time. It also affects other spells.

I have read that it is caused by some values that in english are, for example, 1.35  and are translated into 1,35. Therefore the system, the comma being an invalid character for numbers, considers them like 135.

Is there a way to fix this manually or should i wait for a patch?

And should patching be the only way, shall I have to restart the game from scratch ?

Many thanks

Edited by savior99

6 answers to this question

Is there a way to fix this manually or should i wait for a patch?

And should patching be the only way, shall I have to restart the game from scratch ?

You can still use your saves after patching. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I've come to burn your kingdom down

Do you have the current patch?

If yes and it is not solved then Obsidian is to blame. (And i would like to know how the managed to fix it only for some locales.)

If no then update.

Yes I have, and I cannot see the issue described in the release notes actually

Thanks for pointing that out. So you mean that it should have solved also the shaking and the flooding in ondra's issues, even if they are not clearly mentioned ?

If so, I guess something went wrong during the update and I wil try to reinstall, hopefully fixing it.