It's problemly a bit obvious but I will admit I just found it a few days ago and reading the complaints about engagements stopping pcs from moving, thought I would like to share.

In ur options, u can turn off stopping movement with engagements. Tested it out and yes my pcs can move thru a horde and won't get stopped from what they used to when the enemy engages them or gets off that attack.

Edit-just to clarify u still get hit by doing so, u just don't stop each time now with that turned off.

Edited by redneckdevil

Can be helpful for certain parties that make use of the "bonus vs. Disengagement Attacks" feature, say by combining ZCharge, Capes of Withdrawal, and Fast Runner.

The way most people play though, unticking the option would just lead to more KOs.

Exoduss, on 14 Apr 2015 - 11:11 AM, said: 

also secret about hardmode with 6 man party is :  its a faceroll most of the fights you will Auto Attack mobs while lighting your spliff

you can also disable it in mid combat, when you want to send your tough guy to rescue your squishy

PIllars of eternty (Hard) 1st playtrough: 155h, 38 m (main Ranger with bear(bow), Eder, Durance(off tank), Hirvais(off tank), Kana(ranged), Aloth/GM)
PIllars of eternty (PtoD) 2nd playtrough: 88h 30 m (main Bleak Walker Paladin, Eder, Barbarian, Monk, Rogue (ranged) Cypher(wand)
(not counting reloads and experimenting)
status i love the game, hate the bugs, and wish for better AI and Pathfinding

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/78749-needed-qualyty-of-life-improvements-information-and-transparency/

Can be helpful for certain parties that make use of the "bonus vs. Disengagement Attacks" feature, say by combining ZCharge, Capes of Withdrawal, and Fast Runner.

The way most people play though, unticking the option would just lead to more KOs.

Agreed. My Rogue had all the buffs and gear to let him slip out of engagement while taking minimal damage, so it would have been nice for him. Or for the tank, who seldom takes much damage anyway. But it wouldn't work for the rest of the party.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could set that on a per-character basis?

The ability is already there for the whole party, so all it would take is a checkbox on each party member's Character sheet, to tell them whether to stop when running into/through engagement. Turn it off for the hardier members of the party, and those with disengagement buffs. Turn it on for the squishy ones that would take too much damage from the free attacks while running through a mob. Leave the default at "on" for all new players, until they learn the mechanics.