A very literal bug

mrverbal

Question

I've encountered this for a while now. I think I know what causes it, or at least what it probably relates to.

On a lot of maps, especially large are maps, there is an image of an Adra Beetle (much like the one you can summon with the figurines).

It's not actually there; you can see it has no selection circle beneath it, and combat is not occurring.

I believe it was due to either me summoning one of them, or possibly dominating one/having one dominated, in the endless paths (roughly the level with the vamps - level 9 I think?). Certainly I started noting it after that.

Bug is purely graphical.

At a similar time, another minor glitch occurred: Aloth doesn't have a selection circle anymore. I can still select by clicking the portrait.

edit: I should atch that I'm playing via steam, and so should be fully patched.

post-42313-0-03686500-1430004720_thumb.jpg

Edited by mrverbal
  • Like 1

2 answers to this question

...and as soon as I posted this, one of the bugs fixed itself. Specifically, Aloth has a selection circle again. I suspect (but can't be certain) it was because I entered one of the "text adventure" sections (Ie I climbed the cliff to the wurm-egg).

Not sure about the other one.

edit: Yes, this appears to have fixed the "bug-bug" as well.

Edited by mrverbal

Hi,

I encountered this bug too, although it happened only once and I could not figure out what caused it.

I had summoned wurms and beetles during a fight, and when they died their corpses remained on screen across all area transitions until I quit to the game's main menu and reloaded. Something during the battle must've triggered it, but it never happened again since then.

Without proper repro steps, I'm afraid such an elusive bug will be hard to fix (meaning that nothing will be done about it unless we can find a way to reliably make it happen.)

Let's keep an eye out for it, and hope it never happens again :)

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus