One handed style and weapon and shield style

KDubya

Question

Is one handed style supposed to work with a shield in the off hand? and if so why does it not work with fist and shield?

In game if I equip a one handed weapon in the combat log I occasionally see info stating that a graze was converted to a hit due to one handed style. It is working as intended.

If I then add a shield to my off hand I get the same combat log messages stating that a graze has been converted to a hit due to one handed style. Makes sense as I am using a single one handed weapon, not dual wielding or using a two hander.

If I also take the weapon and shield talent I can have both talents working at the same time - one handed style and weapon and shield style,

With weapons everything works fine, assuming that the two styles are supposed to be able to work together in which case a note in their talent descriptions would be nice to inform people.

With a monk using a fist and shield works with the weapon and shield talent. The increased speed ability from dual wielding talent applies to a monk and their fists.

A monk using a weapon alone, or with a shield, gets both the single handed weapon effect and the weapon and shield effect as it should be. A monk using a fist and shield does not benefit from the single weapon style. Is this as intended?

2 answers to this question