Caed Nua, we might not have the money to restore it, but can't we atleast clean it up?

I mean there's no reason to leave downed pillars and broken things all over the place. I understand it might be a lot of work to keep you from tearing down a building and replacing it, but you could make even the old buildings presentable? Maybe even get a couple prestige points for not making the whole place look like crap?

Ultimately though, I'd have really liked to make it my own. The ability to tear a building down and using the space to build something new. Maybe even build a northern courtyard to expand the grounds some. Or add little touches like cobblestone walkways.

It's good to criticize things you love.

Imo we are trying to maintain it's reputation/image as a haunted ruin:) I just wish we could flex our watcher muscles and do some necromancy for some shades/ghuls....and not search the land for the cheapest (and most pathetic probably) guards we could find (10 silver/day...what is wrong with you for accepting?!)....

PS:

We definetely will have the money to rebuild it mid-end game....or if you are careful with your money raze it and completely rebuild it imo.

Edited by lyin321

Dunno. It seems to me, as others have said, that the Stronghold isn't really well integrated with the rest of the game.

Makes sense, as it appears to have been a later addition (as a feature) or "stretch goal". 

All you get for any of your efforts (AFAICT) in the epilogue is a slide about the Stronghold itself and the resolution of the Master Below. But there's no way that its end state (prestige/security or level of restoration/buildings) seems to matter in how any thing else comes to an outcome. Which is too bad. It should be more "consequential". 

You can get bounty missions from it, from time to time it seems (kinda randomly) to be invaded, pesky drunken lords suddenly show up ... but all as kind of side fluff.