[1.04] Problem with Forgemaster's Glove and its Firebrand Spell

Abel

Question

Made some research and did not find anything about this, so i've decided to post.

The Forgemaster's Gloves, which can be purchased from Dunstan in Crucible Keep grant Firebrand spell, or at least should do so. I've tried using the spell with Eder and my priest protagonist. A nature like spell effect is played when the spell is cast, but there is no effect at all. Nor visually neither on the character sheet. Eder still have it's slashing damage (instead of fire, according to the spell description), still handles his saber (instead of a fire sword), and there is no difference at all wether it is in damage dealt, or accuracy or anything. And it's the same with my priestess and her Gaun's part flail. I tried unequipping all items before casting the spell, too, casting it 3 times in a row, and so on. But it just doesn't work.

If it's me that don't understand something, I apologize. But, even if it is the case, there is a problem. Each time i find a magical item, i have to save the game and perform tests, and tests, and tests, just in order to figure out how to use the item or understand what it actually does. Have to shut down the game, make research with google, because nothing is explained in the game. Once, it's ok. The 10th time it becomes frustrating. Well, there is the same problem with many spells and abilities.

How to reproduce:

Buy the forgemaster's gloves from dunstan, equip them, attack a random NPC to start battle (because of the combat only thing), and cast the firebrand spell. Beside the casting effect, nothing happen.

Expected behavior:

-Firebrand spell is actually cast

-Firebrand spell is explained on the item's description

-special ciconstances needed to use any item or spell bind or spell holding is explained on the item's description, rather than needing you to go search on google (Shod in faith boots is a good example).

-All magical items should be handled like this, with things usefull to know about it explained on the item's description, rather than who-know-where.

Edited by Abel

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet