Aloth Can Be Recruited Before Introductory Event

Riddlewrong

Question

Like the title says, Aloth can be recruited before the event in which the townsfolk accost him outside of The Black Hound. 

Steps To Recreate:

I ran into this bug just now, accidentally, when I created a new character and arrived in Gilded Vale for the first time. I directed my main character to walk around the group (Aloth and angry townsfolk), giving them as wide a berth as possible. This allowed me to get to the Black Hound door without triggering the event. Then, I moved my character a bit closer to Aloth and noticed that I could get very close without actually triggering anything. So close, in fact, that I was able to speak to him by clicking on him. I was surprised to find that he greeted me as though he knew me and had been in the party previously. The option to have him "rejoin" was available, and when I selected it, he joined the party. The event still did not trigger afterwards, and we were able to simply walk away from the angry mob while they stood there unaware.

Afterwards, I walked back through that area to intentionally trigger the event, and it went as normal except that Aloth was a controllable party member during the fight.

There doesn't seem to be any actual problems with recruiting him this way (the conversation after the fight occurs as usual), but it's certainly an immersion breaker if you happen to stumble upon this during a first playthrough of the game.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet