Grazes seem to serve no real purpose and are not explained at all.

Well, other than buffing the perk lists that is. Right now, they are way too common, instead of what they should be which is uncommon. A graze should be something that gives your character some breathing room in the endgame of a fight, or makes them go "oh ffff". Right now, grazes are so common that they should just be called regular damage. 

Edited by Bryy

"A Graze is any attack roll that is between 16 and 50. A Graze reduces damage and duration by 50%"

Journal>Cyclopedia>Combat Mechanics.

Hope that helps.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

They could change the formula to having misses go from a roll of 1-15 to a roll of 1-25...would reduce some grazes. Also they should reduce how effective a graze is, instead of 50% damage it should be around 25%.

And while they're at it they should remove the 20% minimum damage, or reduce it to 5%.

Edited by danielkx

"A Graze is any attack roll that is between 16 and 50. A Graze reduces damage and duration by 50%"

Journal>Cyclopedia>Combat Mechanics.

Hope that helps.

16 and 50. Dear lord.

And call me stupid, but I really shouldn't have to go to a separate window to view stats that should already be available to view on the character sheet. The current char sheet does so well, but it seems not well enough.

Without specifics, I can only speculate, but I don't think there's much they could put on a character sheet that would help, aside from Accuracy (which is already there).

Speculation on my part is 1) you're going up against something that slightly higher level than you are right now, 2) you're going up against something that's roughly the same level, but equipped with really good armor, 3) you're going up against something with the wrong weapon, 4) some combination of these.

Take Adra Animats for instance. They have about 30 DR against everything...except shock. Anyone trying to dual wield daggers against them is going to have a very rough time. Stilettos, slightly better chances. Stilettos with shock enchantments...they would probably drop like flies.

This is definitely not a game for people who hate spread sheets.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."