Enchant a fine weapon to get exceptional.

Yes, it is possible if:

- you have the necessary character level (iirc 8 for exceptional, 12 for superb)

- you have enough upgrade capacity left on the item (top right corner xx/12 usually)

- you have the necessary materials

If all three conditions are met, you should be good to go.

• Like 1

- you have enough upgrade capacity left on the item (top right corner xx/12 usually)

i dont think this is (always) calculated corectly, **there are items that have enough upgrade capacity left for exceptional to Replace Fine, but the game wont allow it because it calculates that there isnt enough capacity for fine + exceptional (or more simpli put, the calculation doesnt include exeptional 4-fine 2= requires 2 upgrade capacity left)** unconfirmed as i cant find said item in my inventory, my memory my be playing tricks on me

example 2 my sanginue plate (survivor (1) retaliation (1), shock profed (1) of dexterity 1 (2), fine (2) =total 7) cant be upgraded to exceptional although it has 5 points left, although this could be an isolated bug since i cant find any other items to confirm

PIllars of eternty (Hard) 1st playtrough: 155h, 38 m (main Ranger with bear(bow), Eder, Durance(off tank), Hirvais(off tank), Kana(ranged), Aloth/GM)
PIllars of eternty (PtoD) 2nd playtrough: 88h 30 m (main Bleak Walker Paladin, Eder, Barbarian, Monk, Rogue (ranged) Cypher(wand)
(not counting reloads and experimenting)
status i love the game, hate the bugs, and wish for better AI and Pathfinding

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/78749-needed-qualyty-of-life-improvements-information-and-transparency/