[bug] Game crashed on save

iadramelk

Question

Hi!

I'm playing GOG version with 1.0.3.530 path. I'm playin on MacBook Air "Core i7" 1.7 13" (Mid-2013). Logs and detailed specs in attach.

Bug description:

In some situation game are chashing to desktop on save. It can me autosave, quicksave or just save from menu.

I can find the following pattern with crashes: The game will always crash the opened with external monitor AND in full screen. It will not crash if opened in wndowed mode on external monitor. And it will not crash it fullscreen if I use internal monitor.

At last it worked this way untill today. Today I updated to the latest version of OS X Yosemite (10.10.3 from 10.10.2) and it started creashing on my internal monitor as well.

pillars.zip

2 answers to this question

I'm on a Mac Air, same specs as you.  Have the same issue.  I own it through Steam, though.

Work around for now:  Create a normal save game.  It will crash out. But after you come back in, you should be able to quick save and what not without it happening.  

When I create a new character, I go until the first autosave, crash, restart, "continue", save, crash, restart, "continue", and from there on it seems to be stable.  I've only been doing this for a day, so I am not sure if this universally fixes it, or if it just a temp thing.

Hope that helps!

I'm on a Mac Air, same specs as you.  Have the same issue.  I own it through Steam, though.

Work around for now:  Create a normal save game.  It will crash out. But after you come back in, you should be able to quick save and what not without it happening.  

When I create a new character, I go until the first autosave, crash, restart, "continue", save, crash, restart, "continue", and from there on it seems to be stable.  I've only been doing this for a day, so I am not sure if this universally fixes it, or if it just a temp thing.

Hope that helps!

Hey guys,

This issue has been reported and we're looking into the cause of the OSX save-crashing. Thanks for including your crash observations. Hopefully, it will be an important clue in solving this issue.

Got a bug :cat:?? Help us squish it!

• In your report Include your *save file* (C:\Users\YourNameHere\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity) and ...
  • PC: *output_log.txt* (In your PillarsOfEternity_Data folder)
  • Mac/Linux: *Player.log* (In your Unity folder)

• Thank you for your help!