Legit way to eliminate weapon damage roll for testing various damage mechanics ?

peddroelm

Question

I/community needs a list of the items/abilities/spells that operate on weapon damage range (before the additive modifiers are added) .. 

( with weapon min damage = weapon max damage  - damage roll RNG is eliminated and we (community) can quickly reverse engineer damage formulas and where each and every item/talent/ability/spell effect factor in without having to keep begging busy DEVs to give crumbs .  Armed with that knowledge community can then easily test all damage related factors and be able to provide meaningful bug reports .. You've got a big bunch of smart lab rats willing to help - use them !! It is going to happen sooner or later anyway .. )

Only one I'm aware off currently is Fighter ability "Confident Aim" –  "the minimum damage for any melee weapon they use is increased by 20% of the range between minimum and maximum. Sadly that is not enough to "close the weapon range gap" for any of the basic weapons ... (gap bigger than 20%) ..  Perhaps there are unique weapons in the game with damage range tighter than 20% ..

Alternatively (if no such item exists (both Diablo 2 & 3 had them )  ) a modder could alter "confident aim" to provide higher bonus (ex 100%) (still could only test fighter abilities)  , a custom testing weapon with wmindamage  = wmaxdamage or better yet a "testing ring" that adds certain amount to weapon min damage (or subtracts certain amount from weapon maximum damage ) ..

PoE community, how long will it take you ?

Will the devs cooperate ?  

Edited by peddroelm

WPNTVf7.jpg

2 answers to this question

Only one I'm aware off currently is Fighter ability "Confident Aim" –  "the minimum damage for any melee weapon they use is increased by 20% of the range between minimum and maximum. Sadly that is not enough to "close the weapon range gap" for any of the basic weapons ... (gap bigger than 20%) ..  Perhaps there are unique weapons in the game with damage range tighter than 20% ..

This ability, by definition, will never close the gap because it adds 20% of the gap to the minimum weapon damage. "20% of the range between minimum and maximum."

That said, if it could be modded to 100%, you'd have your solution right there. Create a modified version of the ability to do that, then use the IE mod console to add that ability to any character. Voila.

This ability, by definition, will never close the gap because it adds 20% of the gap to the minimum weapon damage. "20% of the range between minimum and maximum."

That said, if it could be modded to 100%, you'd have your solution right there. Create a modified version of the ability to do that, then use the IE mod console to add that ability to any character. Voila.

yeah I was reading that wrong ( min=min +  min*0.2)  and it probably is min = min +  (max-min)*0.2

WPNTVf7.jpg