multiple spell copies?

Any way to use multiple copies of the same level spell? In D&D you can, but here it seems you can only use each spell once? Pity, often there is just one or two usefulo spells per level, and you can't even fill all your slots unless you have kllearned 4 spells of that level.

Typos? Aliens. Errors? Aliens!

What are you talking about? The Wizard works like a D&D sorcerer in that you can cast any Nth level spells X number of times, it does not matter which spells of that level you use. That is, you can just cast fireball four times in a row if you have it in your grimoire.

Wizards can only put one copy of each spell into their grimoire.  This does not affect how many times they can cast that spell, however.  PoE Wizards are not D&D Wizards; they have a little more flexibility.  You can cast any spell in your grimoire as many times as you like, up to the limit of how many times you can cast a spell of that level.

So, for example, if you have 3 level 1 spells in your grimoire and you can cast 4 1st level spells per rest, then you can cast 1 of those 3 spells 4 times if you want, or 2 of them 2 times, or 2 of them once and the other one twice.

Edit: Also, you can have more than one grimoire, and switch between them as you need to, if there are more spells you want access to than will fit in one spell book.  There is a delay when switching, so if possible try to avoid having to switch grimoires in combat.

Edited by Emptiness

Wait, I think he means you can't, for example, put fan of flames in both a level 1 and level 2 slot because you might not have 4 useful level 2 spells.

Yes?

Perhaps, but that wouldn't change anything. If you can cast 3 level 4 spells it doesn't matter how you paste them across your spell book, you only get to cast 3 level 4 spells. 

- How can I live my life if I can't even tell good from evil?

- Eh, they're both fine choices. Whatever floats your boat.