So we can all agree that fighters are probably the best tanks in the game, what they lack is any real damage.

One thing i have found is that once you get access to vendors scrolls become quite common place.

It's not something I have seen brought up before probably because its very mix max heavy but there is nothing to stop you building a tank machine with high lore, by the watcher i had 4 fan of flames on my monk solo PoTD run and those made the fight vs the phantoms possible.

I mean to be honest it skews the game against spell casters even more as its possible to play an unkillable scroll basedwarrir wizard but try rolling a wizard and watch yourself die in two hits.

Thoughts?

(this is mainly aimed at high difficulty solos where you are min maxing)

Even though I have limited experience with the game so far I've noticed the same sort of thing.

Consumables in general seem very powerful and easily accessible in this game. As you said - there is really nothing stopping any class from having more than high enough lore to cast any scrolls they want (aside from a little athletics there is really no "must have" skills for a warrior-type class). Potions also seem to be among the most potent healing in the game, and you can also get most of the buffs from them. Those don't even need any skills to use.

Certainly from a powergaming perspective it makes a lot of sense to have a very survivable character that adds to his abilities with consumables like this when needed. With enough consumables, a warrior can pretty much do everything it seems.

I don't know if the economy of the game is balanced enough that it doing this won't be viable in the longer term... seems like in the midgame and forward you generally have enough cash to go around.

-Stigma

I used lore on my tank simply for fan of flames - because generally at choke points - you can get pretty solid damage off, there are a few other scrolls that come in pretty handy for tanks too, it's just keep yourself supplied with agates - which is challenging at times.