Request: Hold Ground Button

Blitz

Question

Playing on the hardest difficulty, the one you can't lower during the game. I love the battles but feel I'm pausing the game more than needed just to babysit my front line melee units. There job is to stand still and keep enemy's from attacking the backline, but once an enemy is dead they'll rush forward looking for the next target.

That's great but it opens holes in the line and enemy's sneak through to target my high dps units. Then I can't have my front line come back to protect them as easily because of the disengagement penalty. If there was a hold ground button (and attack anything in range) it would be awesome. That would be great for the ranged dps units in the back as well as I could target monsters at max range on the initial engagement, instead of what I do now, draw them in extremely close to make sure when I engage it doesn't cause them to move forward.

Hopefully that makes sense, point being, it would be great to have a hold ground (attacking anything in range) hotkey.

Also, I'm constantly holding in tab, if there was an option to keep all ally/enemy healthbars & actions visible at all times, that would help as well! (Maybe showing this info at the bottom of the character portrait as well?)

Thanks for the great game! I'm almost nearing the 100 hour mark of gameplay :)

PS: (The strategy guide helped alot finding where all of the party members were!)

Edited by Blitz

3 answers to this question

Also, I'm constantly holding in tab, if there was an option to keep all ally/enemy healthbars & actions visible at all times, that would help as well! (Maybe showing this info at the bottom of the character portrait as well?)

You can set the Toggle Interactables to Tab and this will unbind the Highlight Interactables.  Now Tab is a toggle option.  I leave it on almost all the time.

You can set the Toggle Interactables to Tab and this will unbind the Highlight Interactables.  Now Tab is a toggle option.  I leave it on almost all the time.

Perfect. You're awesome Zyxil, Thanks!

Then you hit tab to toggle enemy healthbars and attack timers, keeping it uncluttered, beautiful !

Next up is the topic of the post, adding the hold ground hotkey...

I've been getting around this by switching my frontline to use ranged when an enemy dies and switching back once enemies are in range (which I can't easily tell, unless the enemies move towards me), that keeps the clicks down, but that is still lowing my overall dps. Otherwise, I'd have to reposition everybody after each kill.

If anybody's curious what I'm talking about I'll post some screenshots for ya'll, just ask.