Hey all, seems I've encountered the first fight where I'm really stuck: the big Adra Dragon with her bad breath :p

I'm playing on hard with a lvl 12 Rogue and the story companions and think I'm ok prepared: upgraded the equipment as much as possible and everyone has a stack of the best healing potions. I've seen some lame walkthroughs of this fight (use petrification trap and keep reloading until dragon fails save etc.), but I'd like to beat this one in a normal way.

What I do right now is move Edér up a bit so he can try to tank the dragon, then I move the rest to the right so they are below the dragon and Edér takes that first breath attack by himself. I haven't had much success and what I find hard is this:

• How to keep the dragon's aggro on Edér
  • How to survive even one breath attack on non-tank characters with their lower health. Everyone has corrode proof armor, but I don't think that 3 DR or so is helping me much against that breath that does tons endurance dmg :p
  • Edér seems to keep getting stunned (is it the lightning which appears after a few secs? Dragon's fear aura?), which makes it hard for him to do essential stuff such as drink potions.
  • I'm not really certain which buffs/protection spells I should choose here. Is there anything decent against corrode dmg?
  • Which companions to pick: Durance seems a must for heals and buffs, Edér for tanking, so that leaves 3 other spots. I like having Hiravias along for his spells to take out adds quickly and I use Kana for buffing against fear, reload speed buff and ranged arquebus dmg. I have Sagani now with me for another ranged dps, but I'll probably swap her with Grieving Mother.

So far in my best attempt I was able to kill most of the adds, but sooner or later Edér goes down or he does not keep aggro and some other people in the group die. Any tips are welcome!

Edited by Rhaeg

Hey all, seems I've encountered the first fight where I'm really stuck: the big Adra Dragon with her bad breath tongue.png

I'm playing on hard with a lvl 12 Rogue and the story companions and think I'm ok prepared: upgraded the equipment as much as possible and everyone has a stack of the best healing potions. I've seen some lame walkthroughs of this fight (use petrification trap and keep reloading until dragon fails save etc.), but I'd like to beat this one in a normal way.

What I do right now is move Edér up a bit so he can try to tank the dragon, then I move the rest to the right so they are below the dragon and Edér takes that first breath attack by himself. I haven't had much success and what I find hard is this:

• How to keep the dragon's aggro on Edér
  • How to survive even one breath attack on non-tank characters with their lower health. Everyone has corrode proof armor, but I don't think that 3 DR or so is helping me much against that breath that does tons endurance dmg tongue.png
  • Edér seems to keep getting stunned (is it the lightning which appears after a few secs? Dragon's fear aura?), which makes it hard for him to do essential stuff such as drink potions.
  • I'm not really certain which buffs/protection spells I should choose here. Is there anything decent against corrode dmg?
  • Which companions to pick: Durance seems a must for heals and buffs, Edér for tanking, so that leaves 3 other spots. I like having Hiravias along for his spells to take out adds quickly and I use Kana for buffing against fear, reload speed buff and ranged arquebus dmg. I have Sagani now with me for another ranged dps, but I'll probably swap her with Grieving Mother.
So far in my best attempt I was able to kill most of the adds, but sooner or later Edér goes down or he does not keep aggro and some other people in the group die. Any tips are welcome!

You should not think how to survive longer but how to kill her faster. You can avoid breath destroying your party by proper positioning.

Debuffs can do wonders, high level Wizard and Cipher spells can neutralize the dragon. When it's safe you should attack it with ranged weapons. Now it's harder after nerfs, but I've killed her pretty quick with reload speed chant and 4 arbalest guys ;)

Debuffs can do wonders, high level Wizard and Cipher spells can neutralize the dragon. 

What spells were you thinking of that can neutralise her? And did you just ignore the adds?

Edited by Rhaeg