PoE not installing on a Mac through Steam.

kxk

Question

Hello there,

I am trying to figure out if anyone has the same problem or if anyone can help me. I bought Pillars of Eternity on Steam, I tried to install it on my Mac and I got a message saying "Pillars of Eternity is not available in your current platform". The marketplace explicitly showed the Mac symbol and said that the game is playable on a Mac computer. 

I have a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013) the latest OS X Yosemite (10.90) and my specs are above the suggested requirements. I have (completely) removed and reinstalled Steam a few times to no avail. Also, I checked and my HD is not case sensitive, I don't know what else to try and by Googling my problem it seems there aren't other people with the same problem.

Thanks in advance for any help!

3 answers to this question

Generally, I don't like bumping threads in which no one but the original poster has participated.  I'm going to put this through, however, since I didn't find another PoE install problem for the mac in a quick search.  There is, however, a thread about difficulty installing the patch on a mac.  http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/76132-cant-install-the-patch-on-my-mac/?hl=%2Bmac+%2Binstall

If you don't get a response this time, kxk, try contacting support directly.  Support@obsidian.net

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!