Draining whip talent (Cypher) is currently bugged

spellcastersuck

Question

The talent Draining Whip currently adds, besides +2 focus on hit, the following passive effect:

Soul Whip

Passive

Focus bellow maximum

Effects:

self: x1.2 Damage

Guess what, it is the same effect of Biting whip:

Soul Whip

Passive

Focus bellow maximum

Effects:

self: x1.2 Damage

The effects stack if you get both talents. If you have both talents, when you enter in combat, you will see that your attacks are doing x2.4 damage (not x1.4 or x1.44, as it would be expected).

This can be easily verified by checking your character sheet during combat, where the x2.4 damage will be displayed if you have both talents. And indeed, it does x2.4 damage, for both auto-attacks and abilities. So, unless you are fine with your mind blades dealing 60 damage at level 4, I highly recommend you to choose only one of the talents until a patch comes and fix it.

If you have been playing cypher, got both talents and is finding the game too easy, that might be the reason.

Does anybody knows how can I remove my talents? I only know console commands that add them.

Edited by spellcastersuck

3 answers to this question

this is wrong, the x1.2 damage of soul whip is inherent to that talent and has nothing to do with draining whip. choosing only biting whip will result in x2.4 damage, draining whip has no effect on the damage at all

You are actually correct, the x1.2 damage shows even if you do not take any of these talents, and only after taking biting whip the display changes. Also, after some tests, it seems that even though it displays x2.4 damage, the increase is definetely not x2.4, but less than that.