MAJOR BUG / URGENT: Game won't exit combat mode

user55555

Question

I am writing this as PoE runs in the background as I have no idea what to do here.

I just completed a very difficult battle with Orsya (the animancer in Raedric's dungeon) on Hard (only one of my party members has not been knocked out) but the game refuses to exit combat mode. I have tried walking the guy around the entire map, opening and closing doors, etc. but nothing works. I can't save, can't leave the area, my KO'ed party members won't revive, nothing.

Edited by user55555

7 answers to this question

Same bug happened to me during a fight in Defiance Bay, couldn't find a way to get it to stop so I had to reload. Interestingly I couldn't get Kana to move.

Second game breaking bug I've encountered, after the vanishing animal companion. 

I ended up fixing this by walking my last standing party member into the room where Orsya was (the door was closed), where a Revenant and a Flesh Construct remained. I drew them out of the room one by one and finished them off with a bow. After this, combat finally ended.

It's crazy that combat continues even though enemy line of sight is broken like this.. the enemies were behind a door and not pursuing me.

I ended up fixing this by walking my last standing party member into the room where Orsya was (the door was closed), where a Revenant and a Flesh Construct remained. I drew them out of the room one by one and finished them off with a bow. After this, combat finally ended.

It's crazy that combat continues even though enemy line of sight is broken like this.. the enemies were behind a door and not pursuing me.

This sounds like a navmesh issue then?

There were quite a few in the backer beta...

Had this twice in my playthrough as well, somehow I had managed to only pull part of a group and combat would not end until I had found and killed the rest. Feels kinda weird being "in combat" when neither side is even aware of the enemy...

EDIT: The large and spread out group of stelgaer on top of that waterfall is probably one of the easier places for reproducing this.

Edited by general_azure