Congratulations Obsidian!

So, I've been sitting at work all day, hardly getting anything done because I keep coming back to checking on the reviews as they come in. I haven't had the opportunity to play the game yet and probably I'll still have to wait a few days until I have enough time to really get into it but from what everybody's saying and from what I'm reading, it seems clear to me now that you've done it. This is shaping up to be a stunning success, a worthy successor to the IE games and may even become a classic in it's own right.

I have to say I'm giddy with excitement. It makes me so happy how this has worked out. I've always liked, even loved your games but I also understood much of the critizism that was coming your way. At the same time I always believed that you were capable of really great things if you could just work on your own terms for a change, without publishers interfering. Something outside the mainstream. I always believed that but I also always had nagging doubts if I wasn't deluding myself, if that wasn't just a narrative I wanted to believe.

Well, maybe it's still to soon to say but from what I'm seeing, you've proved it now. Sweet vindication!

(Hope that wasn't too sappy but that's how I'm feeling at the moment.)

• Like 1