Boxed Retail Edition vs. Pledge

Hi!

I have a little dilemma. A few months ago I pledged $45 for digital download plus, because I wanted to contribute. A few days ago, when I saw Polish retail edition (adventurer edition), I decided to give it a go. So basically now I will have 2 steam keys. I want to give one to a friend, but I would like to clarify - what steam editions will each key redeem. I would hate to get a worse key for myself (my friend is not that good ;) ).

Thanks for the tips.

• 3 weeks later...

The more important question is will you even find a Steam key in retail edition box. Retail version is DRM free, so its not 100% sure you will get one. I would like to know the answer as well because I have the same dilemma - pledged 25$ but want physical copy with all the stuff, guide, map etc and wonder if will I have a second Steam key for a friend.

The more important question is will you even find a Steam key in retail edition box. Retail version is DRM free, so its not 100% sure you will get one. I would like to know the answer as well because I have the same dilemma - pledged 25$ but want physical copy with all the stuff, guide, map etc and wonder if will I have a second Steam key for a friend.

That is already known. Retail box is steam. Pledge box is drm-free.