[301] Task switching issues when loading game in Full Screen mode

PrimeHydra

Question

Due to the longish load times in the beta, I've played with switching tasks (Alt + Tab out) while waiting for a game to load. I notice that when the game is full-screen, this seems to suspend the process of the game loading. I then wait while the game loads where it left off before I switched out. To work around this, I find myself going Alt+Enter to Windowed mode, where the game seems to process correctly in the background while I'm doing other stuff.

Other times, I've switched back to PoE while loading a game (full screen) to find the screen completely black, or frozen on "Game paused" with my character's portraits offscreen. But the HDD light on my machine is unlit, and I can press Esc and hear the sound of the game's Options dialog being brought up. It's as though the game loaded but the screen isn't being redrawn, or a black overlay from the load screen remains in place.  I can switch to Windowed mode (Alt + Enter) to restore the graphics.

Edited by PrimeHydra

Ask a fish head

Anything you want to

They won't answer

(They can't talk)

1 answer to this question

Also: When attempting to switch back to PoE after alt+tabbing out during a full-screen-mode game load, the app may not respond for a few minutes. Eventually the screen does come back, but it appears to the user as though they've broken it :)  It would be great if there were some way to make full-screen mode play as well with task switching as windowed mode does.

Ask a fish head

Anything you want to

They won't answer

(They can't talk)