Game Breaker W/savefile in midstream

One-Eye Jack

Question

Started new game this morning.

Settings are max difficulty and the two selections below it on

Walked around town and talked to people, Told the thief at the inn how to escape then hired a level 4 henchman and went to leave town to fight lions. Decided to talk to Merdith and lie as usual about the thief and get my quest points. When I did this apparently this was the first time my lie failed because there was only one response for me afterwards. Usually there is a response about the bedsheet rope out the window but the only choice this time was not that. When I clicked it which made Merdith initiate combat with me. My main was ko'd almost immediately by the pet pig. I killed the pig first thinking it would kill the cowled man as well, it did not. I put BB fighter alone on Merdith, the barbarian on the man and BB priest, BB rogue on the cowled dwarf then we fought in slowmo for a long LONG time, like 30 minutes or so real time. I kept mousing over and even though my guys were hitting them they always seemed barely injured so I started paying closer attention. The  dwarf for some reason attacked the man in his own party for most of the fight until the man was dead. The man would HEAL himself, yes I said HEAL. He would go from injured to barely injured to uninjured right before my eyes, I only took the mouseover off him to watch Merdith until I killed Merdith. It took BBfighter BBrogue BBpriest a long time to kill Merdith they were doing damages like 0.9 for a crit it was real weird. Once merdith was killed I put everyone on the man. He eventually died with everyone attacking and my 3 frenzy barbarian uses. once he died it left only the dwarf and my main of course KO'd and the BB's and my henchman barbarian out of spells, just attacking. They got the dwarf to injured then they could no longer hit him. They missed every time. for a long long time. The graphics and sound would display hits but the output text would read misses. The dwarf would occasionally crit so after a good while everyone was running out of stamina so I changed tactics. I decided to try to run into town to see if the town guards would kill the dwarf for me. I chose everyone then left clicked repeatedly on the map just to the town side of the bridge so everyone would keep disengaging until they made it there. The dwarf Ko'd the barbarian with a crit during this process but once all the BB's were there I clicked on the door to the water mill which cause my barbarian and my main to return to consciousness with zero stamina.Inside the town the guards would not attack the dwarf so I tried to run to the NE exit thinking I could loose the dwarf and get away. I got everyone to the exit NE of town, battle stopped for just a few seconds because we had lost the dwarf in the fog of war but then he somehow initiated combat from the otherside of the bridge ,totally in the fog of war, with a dazed spell that texted it affected everyone but really didn't. It did however cause BB rogue to teleport right beside the dwarf instantly and caused everyone else to do their mindless bumrush. Sooo.. I set led the dwarf to the NE side of the bridge, engaged him with the barbarian,led everyone else to the inn, then activated the fast running barbarian ability which had reset the first time we broke combat, and ran the barbarian to the inn, my goal is to go into the inn and heal then try again. The instant the barbarian outran the dwarf to break combat I made this save file. The game is actually still running minimized paused while I write this, but the save file will pick up anyone right where I left off, You can see how no one can damage the dwarf etc etc. I will now continue my attempt to get into the inn, rest, then see if anything fixes itself.935a88c9e8c84d80ac266a4903568b87 DyrfordVillage 7643583.zip

3 answers to this question

Moving on to a new game after this post, the only way I could hurt the dwarf was with warding seal, doing on average 30dmg x 2 for the 2 BB priest can cast. a few other spells, the pillars and area of effect fireballs etc would work sometimes, best to cast them on your own party standing next to him for them to work though. The chanters reliving pain spell would add a few points of damage if timed correctly just before 2 back to back warding seals and fireball etc, but never enough to get him past injured. mabey with a main priest and a hired priest all casting warding seal, don't know how many Hp it has though. Note though everytime I rested another batch of loot would spawn for each of the ones I had already killed.

My final comments on this.. The Dwarf is clearly bugged, it does some crazy things, mainly attacking its own men or occasionally giving stamina back to my party, but its so hard to hit because its def value is always between 130 and 155, plus some of its other values are high for spell resistances. On the bright side it can't do damage worth a hoot so after everyone else is dead it makes the perfect test dummy for seeing how buffs and over time effects work, plus seeing all the rolls etc. Save a hold spell of some kind so when everyone is tired they can run back to the inn, rest up and hit it again :)