[BUG] v278 Game crash when returning to Rumbald

Ink Blot

Question

A couple things: I resolved the Ogre quest peacefully and headed back to Rumbald to give him the news. Before talking to him, I saved the game as I wanted to check to see if the party was getting the XP award that pops up in the combat log. I've seen the game report in the old build that the party gets 1500 XP when you tell Rumbald you convinced the Ogre to leave, but the game never actually gave the points.

So, I tested it this time and no joy again. Game reports you get the piglet, the Lead Spitter, and 1500 Xp. You get the items but not the XP. So I decided to load up the save and try it again, just to see if that would fix it. Hot ESC. then Quit, then Load. Game froze on a black screen. Had to CTRL+ALT+DEL to get the task manager up, and I see a crash report. Had to kill the game with the task manager. Crash report available at the following link:

http://www.upload.ee/files/4247339/2014-09-05_205202.rar.html

*edit* Okay, I loaded that save again and tried it out. Looks like what's happening with the XP is it doesn't update on the character sheet until you scroll either forward or backward to the next party member. As soon as you do that, the XP are updated.

On a side note, I'm pretty sure this save is corrupted. When looking at the XPs and scrolling through the party members, the portrait did not change from my main. Reloaded the save (ESC, Quit, Load again) and when i opened the character sheet I got the jumbled mess that was reported in the previous build. Scrolling through the party members fixed the mess, but no portrait was shown. Save game at the following link:

http://www.upload.ee/files/4247340/b827419aa0e34baab27111f0cfbe490f_DyrfordVillage_7618133.savegame.html

Edited by Ink Blot

1 answer to this question

Hmmm, I wonder if there's a n issue with my install or with the peaceful resolution  of Rumbald's quest. I fired up a different save from back in the Ogre cave and played it out peacefully again. This time though, i chose a slightly different path, telling the ogre to lie low. Went back to Rumbald and turned in the quest. Same behavior with the items and XP, but now that I realize the character sheet doesn't update, I scrolled through the party and saw everything was kosher. However, I did notice that the portrait didn't change when I changed characters. When I exited the character screen, I saw that the characters had enough XP to level up, so I started with the Wizard. As soon as I hit Done, the game froze. Had to call up the task manager to get out.

So... another corrupt save? A bad install? Or is the entire character save array corrupt? I'll have to experiment some more. For posterity, link to the save in question that froze:

http://www.upload.ee/files/4247361/b827419aa0e34baab27111f0cfbe490f_DyrfordVillage_7617159.savegame.html