[BUG] v278 Unable to loot corpse

Ink Blot

Question

At the dragon's nest where you meet the four adventurers, I managed to talk two into leaving. After the battle I was able to loot the fighter's items without issue, but could not loot the wizard's. The loot bag was on the ground where he fell, but I could not interact with it. Saved and loaded and still no joy. Not sure how to reproduce, but for posterity, here are the spells I can remember that hit the Wizard during the fight:

Priest spell Halt

Priest Spell Divine Mark

Wizard spell Arcane Dampener

Wizard spell Expose Vulnerability

I can't recall if I managed to get any other offense spells off during the battle. Screenie attached. The loot bag is just to the SW of BB Fighter.

Saved game can be accessed here: http://www.upload.ee/files/4245980/8a4902276a4345d2be4334115f6faa4b_DyrfordCrossing_7673901.savegame.html

post-42066-0-11712900-1409890973_thumb.jpg

2 answers to this question

Adding an addendum to this as well. In this same game, when I went for the dragon egg, the game did not acknowledge that I had a rope in my inventory. I was never given the option to use it during the descent, whether the grapple/rope was in my main's inventory or the character that actually did the climbing. So my only option was to climb down and fall/break the egg.

Will try to test this further to see if it's just a glitch in that particular run or if it's something that's specific to v278.

Further update: decided this morning to try continuing in this game. It crashed/froze once and then when I took the broken egg back to Hendyna, I could not turn it in (I checked and it's in the inventory). So this game is corrupted, I guess. Shut down Steam and wiped all the saves. Going to try another run. If I get similar issues, I'll try a reinstall.