Forbidden/Unlockable Magic (Idea/Suggestion/Brainstorm)

After playing the Beta some, and loving the Chanter lots, I've got some ideas to make some impact in Spell choices or Chants etc. etc.

Undead magic, animation of the dead or anything similar being unlockable somehow through side-quest or main story decision.

Not only is summoning of the dead a morbid act in itself, in the world of Eora/Pillars of Eternity (lore) I recall necromancy being very shunned upon by most groups. This gives more authenticity to the world if some magic is not attainable by just "Leveling up".

Some magic should only be learned by doing certain things and/or find a teacher.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Additionally, I made this thread with a Chanter faction idea in mind (although not necessary for the forbidden magic idea): Rattlers of Bone, or Bonesingers. Chanters that sing, worship and praise the dead to dance for them.

Edited by Osvir

Not only is summoning of the dead a morbid act in itself, in the world of Eora/Pillars of Eternity (lore) I recall necromancy being very shunned upon by most groups. 

Way I understand the lore, when chanters use an ability to reanimate skeletons, it's a limited and willing possession of the bones by nearby spirits who are so enthralled by their chant that they want to participate. It's not the same as animancers permanently binding the soul of the departed to their corpses (which might be unwanted, can't be undone, and eventually leads to insanity).

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Well it sounds... "cute"... but animating a rotten carcass or someone you just slaughtered? Not so nice and not so cute.

I can understand if it is harmless and friendly spirit summoning, where the souls of the fallen rejoice in dance and laughter once again... but when you use it for aggression in an aggressive way?

Necromancy is a thing in Pillars of Eternity as well. Animancy and Necromancy is not the same thing but you need Animancy to perform Necromancy.

Edited by Osvir