Bug: Character Class Merge

remiel005

Question

Description: Upon closing out of a bugged game and creating a new character/class the new character received abilities from the previous game.

Details: I created an island aumaua ranger with a bear companion.  Upon entering the game and leveling up and my maximum stamina for both my character and pet would not exceed 75% maximum through natural or clerical means.  I went to the edge of town and saved.  I exited and went to Dyrford Crossing.  During battles with beetles the BB rogue was knocked out due to 0 stamina.  Even upon clearing the map of enemies she would still not recover.  Also, encounter based abilities would not reset.  During exploring my abilities to move with my left click disappeared.  I could right click to move or left click to select interactable objects(the statue, loot, etc).  I quit the game without saving and immediately from the menu created a mountain dwarf barbarian.  Upon entering the game, I had no sprites for my companions.  While I was leveling up they ran onto my screen in position with their weapons, but no armor.  With them was the bear companion from my previous game.  I saved the game and attempted to reload it.  This attempt crashed my game.  Upon reentering the game the saved file would load and my barbarian had the abilities of the ranger as well as his own.  I took my bear companion into battle and it had no shared damage pool or link to my character so upon reaching 0 stamina it would immediately raise back up with 1 and keep fighting.  I was able to use the abilities for both the barbarian and ranger.

Expectation: This would not occur.

Other: I have not attempted to duplicate this yet with other classes or the same, but will do so and follow up.

Files:

post-72044-0-20646700-1408440956_thumb.png

This is what I get when I attempt to add the saved game file:

• c341f4dc5315441d875626b94bc45442 DyrfordVillage 7610273.savegame

You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file

DxDiagPEBugSpec1.txt

2 answers to this question

Update:

I have been able to duplicate this with several ranger/companion combinations which are ability/stat builds, race and pet type.

The race/class combination of the new game doesn't appear to make a difference.

The movement bug I encountered has not been duplicated and is irrelevant to the merging.

It only occurs when the stamina cap is hit upon leveling up the ranger (seems to be 101 or 121 depending on the race).

Only occurs when I go to the Dyrford Crossing, the BB Rogue (only tested one other companion and it didn't work with the BB fighter) gets knocked out and I close out from there.

The stamina regeneration issues for the ranger cap and for the companions healing goes away upon saving and reloading the game.

Initially upon the New game all companions and the out of place pet are at the exit I used to reach Dyrford Crossing.

Saving and rebooting the game are when the abilities merge into the new game character.

The companions being naked only appear when the reloading of the erroneous save.

Edited by remiel005

This issue appears to be part of an overall new game issue where data transfers over incorrectly unless you leave the game before starting a new one.  In this scenario I finished a run through with a chanter and started a new game.  The game went straight from the Obsidian Presents screen to Dyrford village where I had a lvl 0 naked barbarian human with the dwarf image.

post-72044-0-66553600-1408534768_thumb.jpg