Backer Beta Release - Is It Coming Before Winter 2014?

Is the backer beta release coming before the expected launch of winter 2014? If so, is there any word on a more specific bracket to when backers may get a first glimpse of the game when purchasing the backer beta key via pledge?

Thanks

There's no official information but the Production spreadsheet in Update 67 showed two alpha stages and a beta stage.

We know that Production ended sometime between mid-April and early May and with the slated release of Winter (December) 2014 that leaves a total of ~6-7 months post-production.

If there's 3 stages of finalization during that time then beta will probably start in October. First it will go to Internal Beta - including the testers at Paradox and Obsidian's own team. Then the beta will go public after that. So the time frame looks to be somewhere in late October/Early-Mid November (ish).

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if I have missed something extremely obvious, but if I donated $25 in the original kickstarter, am i eligible for a beta key?  If not, is it too late to obtain one through another pledge, etc.? - Thanks

Beta key was included in reward tiers $110 and above, if you chose some lower tier, then you had opportunity to pay $25 more that you tier cost and take key as add on. Currently if you want beta key you need to do new pledge in Obsidian backer portal, as you can't currently add things in existing pledge if you have finalized it already.

Edited by Elerond