Insta Black Screen (Game Never Starts)

Raven2099

Question

5 answers to this question

Sorry you're having trouble. It sounds like you had a corrupt / incomplete steam download or that files are missing.

Have you re-verified your game data? As a second step i'd try deleting local content and completely reinstalling.

I should also note that there has been at least one users who reported that their antivirus deleted game files or that not running steam in admin mode has caused issues for them on installation. 

https://twitter.com/IridiumGameDev

Ex-Obsidian Senior Programmer

Yes i have re-verified your game data (i bought the disk for pc at best buy)

un installed it completly ,
then restarted then reinstaled from the disk,
then restarted agian,
then started game and it said i was missing the bink2w32.dll so i put in the bink2w32.dll i downloaded
and Blackscreen....nothing... Best buy's not going to give me a refund and i doubt the replacement will work

i know you guys arent going to offer a replacement so i guess i just waisted good $

Doing my best to help you out.

By re-verify and/or re-install the game i meant from within steam itself.

Log into steam. Go to your steam library. right click on the stick of truth. click properties. click local files. click verify integrity of game cache....

If this does not fix the issue then go to the same menu and click delete local game content. Re-install the game from steam by clicking on the game in your library and then clicking on install to download it from steam without using the disk.

One user has resolved bink*dll issues by copying the bink*.dll (after re-verifying steam data through steam) in your game folder to your Windows\system32 folder.  For safety / avoid viruses reasons, I would only even try doing this with the steam downloaded dll provided for this game. Not from a copy found on some random website. 

https://twitter.com/IridiumGameDev

Ex-Obsidian Senior Programmer

well i re-installed it a 4th time and it took... i can play the game.... would be nice if it had support for my Logitek F310 Gamepad
but i used Pinnacle Game Profiler to force it to work with the game so i am happyish

nothing happens when i click the downloadanle content option in game but eh... i can play so i be happy