Ps3 resolution problem?

HieiYYH

Question

Hi, this game surely has a strange bug on my TV (Sony KDL32EX405/1 Full HD), all my games run fine, some at 1080p and most of them at 720p... that's good... except for this one that refuses to play anything over 480p. I'm on the latest firmware, updated to game version 1.01... so wtf is going on? I even tried to uncheck the 480p resolution on ps3 video  config but i can't uncheck, i thought this game supported 720p -_-

game is running from disc (not psn version)

9 answers to this question

You can not uncheck the 480p option. Make sure you have 720p and 720i checked. I'm assuming you're only connected through HDMI and no other plugs as well.

The game should run at highest supported video settings. That's a PS3 system thing -- not a game specific thing. You might want to try deleting your installed game data (not saves) and reinstalling it from disc. 

https://twitter.com/IridiumGameDev

Ex-Obsidian Senior Programmer

on the configuration, all modes are checked (480p, 720p, 1080i and 1080p) but this game refuses to go 720p... I've deleted the game data and options save data... still same thing :/ I'm using HDMI normally... that's the first time i had such problem.

so, any solution? i guess this game doesn't like my TV (is not that old, just 2 or 3 years lol )... funny because i never saw any game do that, all games play at minimum resolution of 720p but not that one :~~ well, time to move on

My TV is older than that but I haven't experienced the problem you're having.

I noticed that Sony released a firmware update in Brazil for the TV - you're not in Brazil are you? Couldn't really find much else out on the internet other than Bravia TVs seem to have issues with DNLAs, which I'm not sure was terribly helpful.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

My TV is older than that but I haven't experienced the problem you're having.

I noticed that Sony released a firmware update in Brazil for the TV - you're not in Brazil are you? Couldn't really find much else out on the internet other than Bravia TVs seem to have issues with DNLAs, which I'm not sure was terribly helpful.

yes, i'm from brazil... so i need to update my TV firmware?

Well, I don't know if it'll help to be honest, you can check if you see if you need it though -

http://esupport.sony.com/LA/p/swu-download.pl?mdl=KDL32EX405&upd_id=8954&os_group_id=18

The description of the updates don't seem to really give a smoking gun (and of course, depending on when you bought the tv it might be up to date already).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Well, I don't know if it'll help to be honest, you can check if you see if you need it though -

http://esupport.sony.com/LA/p/swu-download.pl?mdl=KDL32EX405&upd_id=8954&os_group_id=18

The description of the updates don't seem to really give a smoking gun (and of course, depending on when you bought the tv it might be up to date already).

well... i've updated and didn't solved the problem :(

i don't think it's my TV problem since ONLY this game have this "problem" :/

well, thanks anyway... i've just finished the game.

I'll be interested in knowing if the 3rd Patch helps with this at all when it hits PSN.