PC Version and Steam

hi..i want to buy this game for a friend as a gift (PC version)..i prefer buy the game with custody but i don't know if then he can register the product on steam (not all games allow this)..I have several ubisoft's games but all of these have a code that steam don't recognize. so there is someone who can help me?

This is a Steamworks game, not a Uplay game, so yes, you can.

Buying from the Steam store as a gift will result in a giftable copy in your Steam inventory. Buying from another digital games reseller (such as GreenManGaming or GamersGate) will just give you a Steam key that your friend can redeem.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

no i don't want to buy a digital copy from steam but a "fisical" copy in a store with custody, cover, ecc..like the attachement..i want to know if then i can register the product on steam..for example: i bought batman arkham city from gamestop and with the code that there was in the custody i have registered the product on steam..i want to know if i can do the same thing..I hope I explained myself better..

post-96892-0-86593900-1394628177_thumb.jpg

Oh right, yeah, the boxed copies will contain Steam keys.

Do note however, that there is a region lock on the activation of some keys, e.g. you can't activate a key from a US box to a European Steam account without using a VPN.

• Like 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G