Head Accessories Don't Show

kiser89

Question

I created a new guy and this time around I gave him glasses at the creation screen.  When I entered the game they didn't show up but I thought maybe I would get them later.  Then I got the gas mask and it didn't show up and I knew something was wrong.  Wigs, head items, glasses...nothing shows up.  Could this be related to me just getting "The Hoff" on my other character?  It's what made me make another character, actually, because I was tired of looking at that stupid head that I couldn't remove.  Any ideas?

4 answers to this question

Bumping this because it happened to me too. 

Got the Face Hoff achievement with my previous character and then started a new game. New character wouldn't display helmets, glasses, etc.

I nuked the save folder and started a(nother) new game. Issue appears to be resolved now.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

I created a new guy and this time around I gave him glasses at the creation screen.  When I entered the game they didn't show up but I thought maybe I would get them later.  Then I got the gas mask and it didn't show up and I knew something was wrong.  Wigs, head items, glasses...nothing shows up.  Could this be related to me just getting "The Hoff" on my other character?  It's what made me make another character, actually, because I was tired of looking at that stupid head that I couldn't remove.  Any ideas?

Unrelated to the bug, but you can actually get your old face back at rhinoplasty after you've purchased a nose job.

• Like 1

Bumping this because it happened to me too. 

Got the Face Hoff achievement with my previous character and then started a new game. New character wouldn't display helmets, glasses, etc.

I nuked the save folder and started a(nother) new game. Issue appears to be resolved now.

Thanks!  I didn't want to lose my guy that had I had 4+ hours on so I just made a copy of the save folder, cleared the old one, made a new guy and everything worked!  Then I put back in my save game with my high level guy and now I have him too!  And thanks to cursed108 I removed "The Hoff" as well.  Still is a bug, but at least it's just a minor inconvenience to get around it instead of being hopeless.