Bug preventing me from continuing (LATE GAME SPOILERS)

isagard

Question

Warning: contains late game spoilers!

After I beat Craig in the tower (destroying 2 of the 3 cows) my screen goes black and the Terrence and Philip loader on the right hand of the screen doesn't go away. I know I can still move around because I was able to go back out the way I came (not the way I was supposed to go). I tried walking back in and the game got stuck on the loading screen. I tried quitting the game with the task manager and continuing, and it again got stuck on the loading screen.

I reloaded to the point before the Craig battle, and after I defeated him I managed to walk through the way I was supposed to go (I assume, again screen is black at this point). When I went through I saw a bunch of characters (Mr. Slave, Cartman, etc.) standing in the hallway between the throne room and the fire escape, but they just stood there and my character never appeared. No matter what I do I can't get past this point.

9 answers to this question

I've got a similar issue[PS3 Digital Version], i'll post it here since i'm not allowed to start a new thread -_-

Basically a game breaking bug where you're stuck at the loading screen whenever you enter stans house(trying to do the She-Ogre quest). I've tried restarting many times and even entered the same place in a new game. Stuck loading every damn time.

Any solutions or intentions to fix this?

I used the work around and it worked perfect I switched to Cartman then back to Kyle and the fight finished and didn't have any issues. Although I noticed a patch downloaded when I loaded steam today so don't know which really fixed the issue.

The workaround should work for console players until they get the patch. The patch fixes the issue for PC players. 

https://twitter.com/IridiumGameDev

Ex-Obsidian Senior Programmer

I've been playing on a console, and only saw this after attempting to play through the boss fight a couple of times. As a result, ALL 5 (because of course all but 5 get deleted) are autosaves that occured during this glitch/while the screen was black, the loading screen was showing/etc. Obviously, I can't attempt the character switching (b/c all the loads just produce an infinite load screen). Anyone have any ideas? Is this something the console patch will fix? Have I just lost 13 hours of my life?