Hi I need your help ! And you can probably do it!

Prosper

Fact is I want my AI to synthesize dialog. The only step that is too much for me to complete is looking up words in an online dictionary then entering them and their usages into a database. I sure hope someone helps me. iI this database is done right,  it won't take long for me to get the AI to say meaningful things even if not grammatically correct

No I refuse to pay for some word database. None i've seen give me the usages in an easy to convert format. **** most word databases are just an incomplete list of words.

Which brings me to how many do I need. I basically want to continue from what I have until there is no more words that need their usages defined . every usage might include a word that doesn't have an existence or usages.

I have an existing database. Plenty of undefined words. and many words i have yet to define.
as of now i have 428 words. although not all are defined.
rename file to language.bin if it isn't already named that.

You can view the database with a hex editor to get an idea of what exists. but you will need my software to add words. and ofcourse becareful.

a few rules:
no punctuation (use spaces instead)
no abbreviation
skip irrelevant details (things that could be removed from a defintion/usage without losing meaning of the rest)
if you add a usage and the usage includes a word that does not exist the word that does not exist is replaced with something else (or even nothing). always double check a newly added usage to a word.

Some commands:
help (this will show you what you need to know)
*the permutation commands aren't relevant at this time.

Source code:

A binary and source for linux (32 bit not 64 bit)
*source should also be compatible for compile for windows might have to adjust project settings.

protip: view the existing words and see how the usages are inputted. the source for which this project gets its words is dictionary.reference.com

if anyone has the time make a server that can assign words that need to be defined. so we can avoid doing over the same things and work together. if you succeed in making the program i will give you a half priced EFPE.
if anyone has the time make a server that can assign words that need to be defined. so we can avoid doing over the same things and work together. if you succeed in making the program i will give you a half priced EFPE.

Bonus!!!!
Extra Beginner's Guide
for SUPER CLARITY

set word and list word are commands

you set a word if you want to :
list its usages
add new usages
edit word's name (yes you can rename!)
edit a word's usage (an index is required)

if a word already exists it will tell you. if it does not exist it will not tell you. but you can observe a problem with the printout of a usage that uses a nonexisting word. you don't need to enter usages at the time you create a word.

you should use 'set word' when you intend to edit it even if you just created it. new words aren't automatically selected.

Edited by Prosper

redacted