Anyone else having P:E Kickstarter Campaign withdrawal?

I'm not sure what you do, but technically you don't need to set up your backer information just yet.

It's like being promised a game key for a game that comes out in a year's time.

At the latest, the backer site needs to be up sometime during early production so that the $1K+ backers can get their info into the game; or at least that part of the site needs to be up.

If I promise my clients something by the end of the month, I can't afford to say it will take a few months (years?) longer.

I don't recall them ever making such a deadline-promise with the backer site. They've been very forthcoming about the fact that they have very limited resources for it, at the moment, and that they'll have it done as soon as possible.

Couple that with the fact that we don't really NEED it yet (since there's an actual, concrete schedule for the production and fulfillment of all the rewards and such, and like Sensuki said, the game's not even due out for another year) and I think they're operating WELL within reason.

If you're eagerly awaiting the backer site and wish it were done already, that is understandable. I believe Obsidian even hoped it would be done by now, as they do want to finish it. But, I don't see it still being in-the-works, at this point in time, as any form of problematic.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u