Would you like to see Fate Points in Project Eternity?

The problem I see with weapon regulation in cities is that it only severely hinders warrior classes, while Ciphers are close to their full potential and Wizards are still able to cast spells. So while the angry Barbarian may not be able to slaughter half the town on a whim, the Cipher could still mind control them(or whatever the hell else they can do) unimpeded by the loss of their weapons.Unless Ciphers require some easily identifiable item to utilize their abilities.

That's kind of the point, don't you think?Character differentiation doesn't mean anything if every build will be as good in all circumstances. I'd much rather see a game where a ranger is genuinely more at home in the wilderness, a well-bred rapier-carrying noble in the royal palace, and a rough knife-wielding street thug in the back alley.This kind of diversity would make for much better replayability and would encourage you to build a diverse, well-rounded party. The only real pitfall is that you'd have to be careful to avoid situations where your critical path is completely blocked due to your character concept, but I think the Obsidian devs are smart enough to avoid that.
I'm not arguing that all builds should be equally viable in all circumstances, I'm pointing out that having weapons restrictions does not impede certain classes and is not very effective at damage control in cities. Edited by KaineParker

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

No thanks

It does give me an idea for an entire game, where you are not the hero but the Deus Ex Machina (the god in the machine) that goes around and makes sure the hero succeeds, conveniently blocking debris about to crush him and sending him on the right path and etc. But it's really just a "Deus Ex Machina" button that you press because some area wasn't designed right, I'd not consider it (at this point) to fit with the lore though.

I think the way Fate points work would be a pretty good idea for an RPG in which Luck was a stat.

In Shadowrun (the PnP version), you have what amounts to dice pools. I think there's even a Karma dice pool. Anywho... your skill at something determines how many dice you get to roll at each skill check, but, if something's a particularly difficult task (say, a sniper shot from a huge distance, or against an agile target), you can utilize extra dice from your combat (in this example) dice pool to get even more chances at success at that one task. Of course, they're also used for things like defense against particularly nasty attacks, or damage resistance, etc. They replenish every full combat turn, basically, so if you're getting attacked by 10 people in one combat turn you have to figure out how to best allocate about 7 bonus dice (between your attack and your defensive rolls against all the enemy attacks) for that entire turn before you can use them again.

It's kind of a neat idea. For Luck-type things.

*shrug*... I know it's not exactly what's being proposed, but it's just my thoughts on the matter.

Edited by Lephys

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u