the joy of rebirth

When a party member dies.

Please don't make me re-equip all of their items by hand.

It's fine if my companions drop all their stuff when they die, I mean - what if there's permadeath in PE to some extent? This could happen in BG/BG2, where you might get a petrified party member and not have any means to un-petrify them, at least not right away...

So yeah. Party members should drop their stuff, but it shouldn't require a manual re-acquire when I resurrect said dead fellow.

Having an auto-requip mechanic would be great.

I know it's a minor nitpick, but this seems like one of the obviously obnoxious design flaws in BG.

Edited by anubite

I made a 2 hour rant video about dragon age 2. It's not the greatest... but if you want to watch it, here ya go:

When a party member dies.

Please don't make me re-equip all of their items by hand.

It's fine if my companions drop all their stuff when they die, I mean - what if there's permadeath in PE to some extent? This could happen in BG/BG2, where you might get a petrified party member and not have any means to un-petrify them, at least not right away...

So yeah. Party members should drop their stuff, but it shouldn't require a manual re-acquire when I resurrect said dead fellow.

Having an auto-requip mechanic would be great.

I know it's a minor nitpick, but this seems like one of the obviously obnoxious design flaws in BG.

When a party members dies he dies. In P:E you'll be knocked "unconscious" if you loose all of your stamina. Obsidian has said something like:

"Mortality is going to be a big part of the P:E universe with, little to none, means of resurrection"

What I deduce is that "Rebirth" (as you put it elegantly) is going to be rare at most and most likely story driven if included (In other words no means to resurrect).

Seems to be something like Options that you can choose, simplified like this:

Easy

Normal

Hard

With a Sub-Option (Meaning you can choose this option on "Easy/Normal/Hard", not tied to difficulty per say) "Only Stamina/Stamina+Health" Option choosing if you only loose Stamina during battle (you are "knocked out" cold for the duration of the battle, with options to "reinvigorate" your "fallen" companions by replenishing their "Stamina" with magic, potions or time), or if you wish to loose Health as well (which in worst case scenario would equal permanent death for that character, unless there is a "Once a Game" resurrection/rebirth).

More on Stamina:

* Your character can get "knocked out" if he/she "over-extends" (uses up all abilities, all stamina, needs to take a breather)

* Your character can loose Stamina if Hit by an enemy too.

* All actions cost Stamina in battle

Question:

Should casting Magical abilities cost Stamina as well? (should I make a thread?)

With a Sub-Option (Meaning you can choose this option on "Easy/Normal/Hard", not tied to difficulty per say) "Only Stamina/Stamina+Health" Option choosing if you only loose Stamina during battle (you are "knocked out" cold for the duration of the battle, with options to "reinvigorate" your "fallen" companions by replenishing their "Stamina" with magic, potions or time), or if you wish to loose Health as well (which in worst case scenario would equal permanent death for that character, unless there is a "Once a Game" resurrection/rebirth).

More on Stamina:

* Your character can get "knocked out" if he/she "over-extends" (uses up all abilities, all stamina, needs to take a breather)

* Your character can loose Stamina if Hit by an enemy too.

* All actions cost Stamina in battle

You got a lot more things wrong in this description that you got right. As Tamerlane said, actions don't cost Stamina (see this post). Furthermore, you don't get to choose whether you only lose Stamina or Health as well when hit -- you always lose both. What you do get to choose with difficulty options is if dropping down to 0 Health means permanent death or whether the character is maimed (it's not clear what this means; possibly some permanent loss).

Edited by Althernai
  • Like 1