More customized difficulty and misc. options?

This is something I've thought about for a long time, and I know I'm not the only one.

For Fallout, for example, I could see why someone might prefer a "realistic" difficulty setting, where enemies deal heavy damage on you (enough to oneshot you with a decent rifle) but they're also susceptible to dying quick to a decent rifle. New Vegas sorta covered this with sneak attacks and very hard difficulty, but nevertheless...

Why not have two difficulty sliders? One that governs incoming damage, another that governs outgoing damage? They could even add a third that simply shows the "default" difficulty slider and what it does to the other two, but the point is....difficulty sliders typically either make you a ton stronger or make your opponent a ton weaker. With two, people can customize the gameplay style, and I do think there are instances where people would prefer that both they and their enemy are offensively stronger but defensively weaker..

I just think more customization opportunities are always better. For example, I was just browsing the New Vegas nexus and found a mod specifically for making companions non-killable in hardcore mode, but otherwise keeping all of the other parts of hardcore mode. I also personally like some of the tweaks to weapons and armor in J.Sawyer's mod, but do not like the severely reduced level cap. These are examples of cases where people would like to pick and choose, and thus I think it'd be an appreciated feature if things like a difficulty slider or hardcore mode or whatever were more customizable.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?