For GameBanshee readers/sympathizers

We're currently running a ChipIn campaign to have an inn or a similar building of that kind in the game for the website. Obsidian recently also agreed to immortalize the names of the $50+ donators into the game (we're talking about either in a tavern or in a tombstone, so it shouldn't be anything lore or immersion breaking for people who are worried about that).

So.. that's about it. If you enjoyed or enjoy our content please consider a small contribution, if you don't or you don't want/can't contribute for whatever reason, then thanks anyway, we obviously don't want people to feel like they're obligated to contribute.

Thanks for the attention, anyway!

• Like 6

I can just see it now:

"Here lie (following names) who were just too drunk to continue on the road to adventure,

So we threw them out the back door, where they could be sober and conjecture,

As they wailed for more brew, and the pile of bodies grew,

We could either start to dig, or feed them to the pig.

Ok so that was crap, but I was just wondering why a tavern/gravestone came to mind?. What about a famous tapestry, or a statue, or a bridge paved with legendary names...

:)

Edited by Chippy

I don't know. I've bought in at a tier that really doesn't add that much that I really need. I could take part of the money from that tier and put it into the chip in project, maybe. I don't know how that would work, although I would really hate reducing my pledge on kickstarter to chip in to Gamebanshee if it would get anything mixed up. I'm actually quite the noob when it comes to kickstarter that I don't know how I would go about it. My paypal account, which I'd only used two or three times years ago, is now defunct if I'm not mistaken. If you could explain the process to me, I might buy in to your stuff. That would be contingent that I could buy in but include someone else's name for the chip in swag since I'll probably justify it as yet another gift.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Ok so that was crap, but I was just wondering why a tavern/gravestone came to mind?.

Even renowned Ultima IV used gravestones to immortalize play testers. And they scripted the text and name in runes, not letters. Many a player translated the runes to letters just to unterstand what's written there; usually only important information was enscripted in runes.

It was a shock at first, cause you had to translate the runes by hand, but a good laugh at last. And something you've remembered a long time.

Edited by Raedwulf

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...