Handmaiden stopped being selectable party member

So first of all I am using the restored content mod so I don't know if that is what's causing the problem.

Anyway, after the Handmaiden initially joined my party I was able to have her leave the ship with my party. The first planet I went to after that was Nar Shaada and at some point during questing in Nar Shaada she stopped being able to leave the ship. It would say "This character is currently unavailable to join the party" or something like that.

She will not leave the ship if I dock back at Telos either, and now I am done with Nar Shaada and am on Dantooine and she won't join me there either. She is on the ship though and I can talk to her and even train with her.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Well, the team gets locked with the Red Eclipse. Did you have Handmaiden then? Then unlocked with Cahmakt on the Ebon Hawk.

Did all of that happen? Did the "other member" on your team unlock properly?

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

So the other member can be selected? Do you recall who that was?

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

I don't suppose you have a save from just before entering or on the Hawk taking it back from the Eclipse?

Also, did you skip Cahmakts lines?

Sorry for all the questions, but to fix stuff like this, I really need to know what triggered it in the first place. It is pretty elusive, only 2 people out of 10000+ reporting it...

^

I don't know what you mean when you say Cahmakts lines. Who is Cahmakt? I have not encountered a character by that name, I don't think.

Also no unfortunately I do not have a save from before the Red Eclipse event.

Thanks for following up so far

Edited by hobblinharry

It's the Red Eclipse leader you talk to on the Ebon Hawk to end his dominion over the Hawk.

As soon as you talk to him, your team gets unlocked (since the RE hostage situation is over).

And I was afraid so :(

^

Oh, well I remember the leader, and I was talking to him, and I wound up choosing an option that forced a fight since the alternative seemed to be some sort of dark side coercion where he would give me money, and I am doing a light side playthrough. So I killed him, but I'm not really sure if this is what caused the issue since the _only_ character I am having issue with is Handmaiden, and there would have been 2 characters in my party during that fight.

Okay, I have been able to replicate it.

It's when a character other than the PC initiates contact, in your case, Handmaiden.

Hopefully can get it fixed for a patch...

^

The person who got the same with Bao-Dur got him to unlock by letting him go to the Dxun Tomb.

^

Well there was 1 chance I got to have Handmaiden be in my party was at the end of Nar Shaada and there's a dialogue menu where you pick who to take with you instead of the usual screen you see when leaving the Ebon Hawk. I chose Handmaiden there to see if I could, and it did and it worked but only until I had to choose party members again where she was glitched out again.

I am doing Onderran now, haven't made it to a Dxun Tomb part yet but I'll make sure I send her there when the opportunity arises and see if its a confirmed "fix."

Ok so I sent Handmaiden to the Dxun Temple and now she is indeed a selectable party member when I leave the Ebon Hawk now. So it seems like the strange bug indeed has a strange solution.

I did notice though that when I sent Handmaiden, she was by herself, though the dialogue of some of the NPCs while I was in the temple made it seem as if I should have had a full party. I was never given the option to send additional party members with Handmaiden though. Was that a bug in and of itself or will whoever you send be by themselves?

Nope, you're supposed to have a party of 3.

It could be because she was "occupied" she didn't spawn in the Dxun camp, couldn't say her line, that broke the convo and hence you didn't get to select the party? Was she there in the camp?

Also, 1.8.1 fixes this, so if you update you'll never have to experience it ever again!

^

• 10 years later...
On 9/3/2012 at 6:28 PM, Hassat Hunter said:

Nope, you're supposed to have a party of 3.

It could be because she was "occupied" she didn't spawn in the Dxun camp, couldn't say her line, that broke the convo and hence you didn't get to select the party? Was she there in the camp?

Also, 1.8.1 fixes this, so if you update you'll never have to experience it ever again!

I have the newest version (I believe 1.8.1) and I'm encountering this glitch. I'm thinking because I foolishly went thru steam workshop (next time I'll go through vortex or the like), are there global variables that can be changed through the save editor that will fix bugged out party members? Though I don't beleive I initiated anything with anyone other than the player character