Movement problems.

I only just got this game a day ago, and I'm starting to regret it... not because it's crap, only because I can't even exit the room I'm in!

I started it up and found that the little robot I controlled had some very glitchy movement. The game was lagging (which I am use to, as it happens with all my games) and that sometimes I moved in the opposite direction to where I wanted to go. My camera was pointed towards the hallway, and I found myself holding W, whilst I "warped" backwards. I tried to combat this by lowering my settings until I eventually couldn't change them in any other way to possibly improve performance.

Then I turned the camera 180 degrees, and found the game wasn't lagging anymore. But try as I might, the controls wouldn't work. I soon found my robot spinning in circles in one area, whilst my camera wasn't even moving. This happened no matter what I tried. I tried to move with W, S, Z, C, and I kept spinning in circles. I then tried to click my way to the map, and even the area to where you skip the prologue. That worked. I tried to click the door down the hallway, but it was too far away. I was stuck in that room. I then thought that the lag was probably due to all the constant flashing of the red light. So I skipped the prologue.

I then got my custom character, in the middle of the pod room thing. I tried the controls, and it worked fine. As soon as I walked through the doors... the issue started again. I then found myself in the room with the computer and lab (somehow) and I kept lag teleporting into the corners of the room. I then gave up, turned it off, and looked around on the net for a solution. That's when I found these forums. I read about the mouse-alternative for moving (The left and right mouse buttons) and tried that. It worked! for a second... and I started to spin again.

I dunno what to do... is there a patch that fixes this? My version is straight from the disc. I thought it'd run, as the scans say that the bare minimum requirements are met. But somehow it doesn't seem like they are.

My specs are as shown below.

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 7/14/2012, 18:57:48

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.120504-1619)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: HP Pavilion 061

System Model: RC621AA-ABG s7545a

BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG

Processor: Genuine Intel® CPU T2050 @ 1.60GHz (2 CPUs)

Memory: 958MB RAM

Page File: 1019MB used, 524MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

Any help is greatly appreciated. Buying four games in 1 hit and finding out 2 of them don't work has really put me in an off mood...

First, make sure you patched (1.0b... possibly TSLRCM).

Then, enable v-synch, it should fix this behavior.

Still happening?

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I would suspose so. I tried getting the patch via the 'Update' button, but it kept aborting, so I went to the website and got Patch 1.0b (sw_pc_english_from200424_to210427)

But when I click on the .exe file, it says 'Old file not found. However, a file of the same name was found. No update done since file contents do not match.'

How do I update it maually? Like via WinRAR or 7zip or similar.

If you don't have the US version (which it sounds like) first download 1.0a, then 1.0a-1.0b (international patches on the bottom of the kotor2 section of lucasarts patches site)...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

I believe I have the UK version. So I downloaded the 1.0a patch, it worked. Then I tried the 1.0b patch, and it stops at 89% and says the exact same message of "Old file not found. Bla bla.........." and the file it tries to process when it happens is the dialog.tlk file.

I'm yet to see if the 1.0a patch fixed it on it's own, but just in case it didn't, how do I proceed?

Do you use just 1.0b or 1.0a-1.0b. Also any mods modifying the dialog.tlk? Since that can explain the error.

If that doesn't fix it I guess you have to start living with saving+loading to "unstuck" yourself...

^

I downloaded 1.0a and then installed the patch, then downloaded 1.0b and tried to install it. As for modding the actual files themselves, I havn't even touched them except via the two patches.

Also, save+load won't work, I've discovered that it doesn't happen if I'm at a dead end and facing it. The game has no lag whatsoever and I can move freely. BUT if I move the camera to face away from the dead end, it starts to lag tremendously. If I'm facing the dead end, and move away from it by pressing S, the game starts to lag more gradually, until it reaches the point of losing control of my character, who then proceeds to spin in circles. Save+load doesn't do a thing.

Looks like I have to return the game and get my money back... I was looking forward to playing this game. The stupid thing is though, my computer, even though it's crap, can play games that would normally give old computers hell, all the wilst mine plays them with usual lag issues on max graphic settings. Minecraft, for one example.

Minecraft doesn't really require a good PC. Unless I misread your post, it definitely has lower requirements than KOTOR2.

I did have that once on my old XP PC, turned out my taskbar (the thing on the bottom of windows) gave issues. (un)locking it (so opposite of what it was) did fix that...

^