Empowerment?

I'm at the last boss and just spent two hours trying to beat it. I can't and I refuse to set it on "easy" to beat it. Anyways, I never understood empowerment and how do you activate it on PC? It sounds like having empowerment would make this game so much easier, so if anyone can shed some light on how to do it, thanks I'd greatly appreciate it.

Oh I see there is an "Esc" "help" that explains it.

NVM!

CLOSE PLEASE!

Edited by tabin

Empowerment? You know those orbs you use for a defensive ability? Those orbs are the "empowerment" thing. Press Shift+X to use an empowered version of an ability. Note; you must have mastered the ability before being allowed to empower it.

As for the final boss:

The boss has two phases; with the second broken up into two parts.

Phase 1:

Attack his hand when he claws at the ground (Or whenever it is possible). At random times he will throw his head back and snort several luminescent boogies at you; you can block them or roll out of the way just before they should hit you (Beware: The luminescent boogies are guided). His other ability to note is the one that summons monsters; just kill the monsters and avoid his attacks.

At about half of his hit points he approaches the second phase;

Phase 2:

a) The boss shoots out blackened boogies onto the ground; if you roll/move into them it will slow you down. Then endless waves of monsters start appearing to try and kill you and soon after a giant laser beam. The goal here is to just live; don't kill the monsters because very soon they will be warped up into a vortex and the boss will throw up on you for massive amounts of damage (Go behind a rock to avoid his spew).

b) That will start the second part of phase 2; this is the part where you kill him.

Edited by Chasted

I'm at the last boss and just spent two hours trying to beat it. I can't and I refuse to set it on "easy" to beat it. Anyways, I never understood empowerment and how do you activate it on PC? It sounds like having empowerment would make this game so much easier, so if anyone can shed some light on how to do it, thanks I'd greatly appreciate it.

Oh I see there is an "Esc" "help" that explains it.

NVM!

CLOSE PLEASE!

Two hours? What difficulty? Even on hardcore I can do it solo without needing to be revived every single time... only took about 5-10 minutes to completely learn the encounter... If you have a character that has a pet it makes the encounter very very very easy (on hardcore) as the adds will basically focus on your pet the entire time till they are instant killed by the boss.

Nah, in the second phase I killed the mobs too. Reason for this is so that they scatter green and blue orbs around. I've got all abilities mastered with Kat, so I can spam empowerment rapidly in the last battle with impunity on Hardcore.