Windows 7 help

After reading all of the posts in the other topic, I seem to have a unique problem.

After the scan hardware, everything checks apart from the graphics card, although in reality it IS the most updated driver.

Direct X is installed.

Game is installed fine.

The only way I can get the game to run is to disable sounds. I do not need to run it in and compatibility modes to get the game to run this way, and I have tried the mss23.dll file but that has made no difference. When i start the game with sound enabled the mouse does the little loading thing, and then nothing happens. In task manager I can see the process maxing out at different memory uses depending on the compatibility settings, but still nothing happens.

I have tried the .dll file.

I have tried installing to my documents.

I have completely patched it.

I have tried all compatibility settings.

I really love this game and want to get it to work, WITH sound.

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100618-1621)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: n/a

System Model: n/a

BIOS: n/a

Processor: n/a (8 CPUs)

Memory: 6144MB RAM

Page File: 1265MB used, 5891MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Edited by Serico

I have an Nvidia card, and was crashing at the very first login. I replaced the DLL file as instructed, taking it from KOTOR I. Then, I was still having problems. So, when the option came up, I chose "Disable Sound". The game started. But it had no sound, and that was annoying. So, I restarted the game, and this time, I chose "Force Software Sound". Game runs perfectly now. Hope this might help others.

Don't know if that last bit helps...?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

One of my friends think that lowering the Hz of the sound output may allow the game to play as he had a similar problem with prototype and that solved the problem. Do you think this could work? I'll try it when o get home tonight and reply.

One of my friends think that lowering the Hz of the sound output may allow the game to play as he had a similar problem with prototype and that solved the problem. Do you think this could work? I'll try it when o get home tonight and reply.

Honestly, I don't know. But then, being a pack rat, I've kept an old PC around (good old Pentium P4 running XP), which runs my old/older games >_

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

after much more testing, I seem to have found the problem.

I can run the game, normally if there are no audio outputs connected to my pc - headphones, headsets, speakers.

If I disconnect everything it loads fine, apart from no sound. Has anyone else found this problem, because i feel that if it would actually run, there would be sound coming out of connected speakers.