Enjoying Alpha Protocol

I just wanted to post that I am enjoying the game. Reminds me of Deus Ex in a way. It is one of the few games that actually lets you role play a character not just hit things to level up. The only negatives so far are the inability to discern if I am out of sight of the enemy and an interface that was designed for a game pad. Thanks Obsidian! :deadhorse:

I really had trouble with the mouse/keyboard set up...I've found it a lot more enjoyable playing on the 360 (although I imagine you can use a game pad on the PC?). Once you've got a few points in stealth you get the awareness ability full time which allows you to see which way enemies are facing, if they're suspicious (yellow), oblivious (green) or onto you (red) - it helps a lot!

Once I applied the tweaks to fix the camera wonkyness whenever the game stuttered, I didn't have any problems with mouse and keyboard. That said, it's quite easy to tell that the game was designed for a controller first and foremost. But even so, I just can't stand playing games where I have to manually aim at stuff if there's an option for using the mouse. :lol:

I'm currently replaying the game as bastard Thorton who doesn't much care about what people think of him. I tend to lean towards the stealthy side in games like this but it's real fun to just go to town once in a while. I think the shotguns are a lot of fun to use.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I've beat the game twice so far, once as a rookie 'bastard' Thorton and once as a 'veteran not kill anyone' Thorton. I have no idea why I chose to do it this way. It would have made far more sense that a rookie would be nicer/have a harder time killing while a vet Thorton would have the skills to back up his douchebaginess.

My rookie was more of a soldier, while my vet was a stealthy spy, so I'm going to try a third play through with a gadet engineer Thorton.