Kotor 2 PC - fixes and everything, still freezes before title, or when I press cancel or save in options and menu

Alright, I have windows 7, brand new 2010 computer, new power supply like 700 sumthin, nvidia GT 240 1g DDR5, 8g ram

So obviously, specs are not low in any fashion. Now then, I have tried these methods in several combinations and ways but, When I apply the 1.0b or whatever patch, and use the new exe, and replace the .dll file, apparently it should work right?

Well, still plenty of problems. MAYBE once a day ill get it to work and be able to play. What happens is that it starts to load the game ( i think) and the new cursor is displayed, but it stays at a black screen. It's said i can fix this with the new video files, or by turning off videos. Those methods do not work.

Other times, it will load to the title screen, ill go into options, and push cancel to get out, and it freezes. Or when I load a save, i try to press the save button and again, it will freeze.

I'm trying to get a grasp here at what the solution might be. I've tried so many things and yet none of them seems to be right.

can I get any, solid, accurate help or solution to being able to play this game? It should not be this insanely hard to accomplish such a simple task.

Mine works fine under 7. Try to install it in its own directory, instead of under Program Files, although I doubt that's the problem. Probably something with the video driver, may be try a newer or an older version.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Mine works fine under 7. Try to install it in its own directory, instead of under Program Files, although I doubt that's the problem. Probably something with the video driver, may be try a newer or an older version.

I've installed it in program files and a directory i made just for the game. either way, same problem. I have the latest drivers for my graphics card, is that the problem? If so, how would I get older drivers? and which would work? I don't wanna downgrade my drivers for no reason.

I don't know that any would work, I was just guessing. And with the new card, there may not be an older version available, but generally they archive the old drivers on the Nvidia site. Edit: Anyway, I'm thinking downgrading to old drivers is kind of dangerous, you may never get the new ones to work right again. For example, I can never get the Nvidia control panel installed for some reason.

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan