Investigate Ruins Transmission - mission never ends

Krenn

Question

I'm having a problem with the Investigate Ruins Transmission mission. The problem is that after I defeat all of the enemies in the ruins after hacking the array, the mission doesn't end, and I'm stuck there. I tried replaying the entire level, and the exact same thing happened the second time.

The only differences between this attempt and an earlier playthrough (which worked) is that I'm now playing on Hard, and I have al-Samad enemies instead of Deus Vult.

As I recall, Mina says something like 'Almost There...' or 'Almost got it...' with one enemy remaining. After I defeat that enemy, nothing happens. There's no enemies visible, and nothing spawns.

Is it because I killed Shaheed, and therefore will have to entirely replay my Hard playthrough? I really hope not!

2 answers to this question

It seems to be an issue with the script firing. Try not using any 'time-warp' (e.g. Chain Shot) effects when you get those last few enemies, try to kill them one by one spaced out (as opposed to, say, together with a grenade). Helped for me, maybe it kicks the script.

There's more info on the same thread, PC Support.

It seems to be an issue with the script firing. Try not using any 'time-warp' (e.g. Chain Shot) effects when you get those last few enemies, try to kill them one by one spaced out (as opposed to, say, together with a grenade). Helped for me, maybe it kicks the script.

There's more info on the same thread, PC Support.

Great, thanks! I was able to get through (after a few more attempts); fortunately, my timing of Iron Will to take out the final two enemies (individually, of course) didn't cause a problem. I had been using Chain Shot and Fury almost exclusively after my traps took out the first wave or two, so that must have been the problem.