Mouseclick doesn't react at Menu

fetzifetzi

Question

I have just got the game and installed it (meanwhile 2 times).

After starting the game, it gets to the main menu where I can chose to go to "Options" "New Game" "Credits" etc.

I can move the mouse coursor but not click on anything. So it has the effect I cannot play.

My System:

Win 7 Home Prof (64Bit)

GTX285

Razer Lachesis

Maybe I have to mention that after the first start it had worked. I chose XBox 360 Controller as input ... and since then nothing works.

Maybe its been set into registry because either erasing the input config file nor reinstallation helped.

5 answers to this question

After starting the game, it gets to the main menu where I can chose to go to "Options" "New Game" "Credits" etc.

I can move the mouse coursor but not click on anything. So it has the effect I cannot play.

Maybe I have to mention that after the first start it had worked. I chose XBox 360 Controller as input ... and since then nothing works.

Maybe its been set into registry because either erasing the input config file nor reinstallation helped.

I have the exact same problem - also after accidentally clicking on the 'use XBox Controller' button

Any way to reset the config files to default or otherwise adjust them so it no longer thinks I have an XBox Controller?

I don't have an XBox Controller.

Thanks,

Caveman42

Hi again.

I seem to have fixed it, so I'll post what I did here for anybody else with the same problem...

1. I deleted all lines in the APInput.ini that started with Bindings=XboxS... (Or something like that)

2. I also unplugged my joystick (Cyborg Evo Force)

Not sure which of these actions solved my problem, but one of them seemed to. :no:

Enjoy,

Caveman42

And that hasn't quite solved the issue, unfortunately...

I have to unplug my joystick each and every time I start the game, or the same problem arises.

So, back to my original question of finding a way to tell the game I DON'T have an XBox controller. Or at least that I don't want to USE my (non-existent) XBox controller.

I think it must believe my joystick is an XBox Controller but it won't let my joystick buttons select anything. And to top it off, it won't let my mouse select anything either.

Edited by Caveman42

I swear I saw a post on this forum about the joystick/mouse conflict - something about going into device manager, human interface units, and fiddling with the xbox controller from there (getting rid of any duplicates, I think, and resetting everything there).

It's not such a big deal to unplug the controller when you play AP though, is it?

I swear I saw a post on this forum about the joystick/mouse conflict - something about going into device manager, human interface units, and fiddling with the xbox controller from there (getting rid of any duplicates, I think, and resetting everything there).

It's not such a big deal to unplug the controller when you play AP though, is it?

Thanks for the tips, but there's no XBox controller at all in the device manager.

And my problem with unplugging the controller is that I play games with Mouse and Joystick. (I know that's unusual, but that's how I prefer to play)

Note: I've found a workaround where I can load the game, then unplug the joystick, then click on Options with the mouse, then Alt-Tab back into Windows, then plug the joystick back in, then set the Joystick's profile manager back into Alpha Protocol settings, then Alt-Tab back into the game, and then reload my game.

But a way to reverse the "Use XBox Controller" option would obviously be better than me bothering with that unplugging/plugging in procedure whenever I want to play.

Thanks,

Caveman42