Since a lot of SW games have come to Steam...

TUHD

What would be your opinion about it...  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy KOTOR II if it got released on Steam or another online platform?

• Yes
    • No

Just made me wonder - with Vista I had written off KOTOR 1 due to the enormous amounts of bugs, but a few weeks back I saw KOTOR 1 got released on Steam. I know that KOTOR 1 was an Bioware/LucasArts-game, but since (if the stories I heard are true) KOTOR II also got a lot of input from Bioware, made me wonder if KOTOR II would also be released at some point by LucasArts and/or Obsidian.

Can someone please shed some light on it - or shed it in eternal darkness - whatever you prefer?

With regards,

The Undead Half-Dragon of NWN 2

Sith Master of KOTOR 2

Bred and raised in Darkness

'The righteous shall fall before the wicked'

The problem with purchasing Kotor off Steam or D2D, is there is no CD key. You must register it with the UPC code provided on the box. Unfortunately, Steam and D2D only provide CD keys, not UPC codes. You can see how this might be a problem if you don't have the box. There are several threads on the Bioware forums complaining of this.

If it were on Steam and I lost my copy - yes, I might buy it. However, if it were on Good Old Games I would buy it even if I had not lost my copy - quid est demonstrandum I prefer GoG to Steam. :o

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

The problem with purchasing Kotor off Steam or D2D, is there is no CD key. You must register it with the UPC code provided on the box. Unfortunately, Steam and D2D only provide CD keys, not UPC codes. You can see how this might be a problem if you don't have the box. There are several threads on the Bioware forums complaining of this.

Is this simply to post on BioWare's forums and to have it say that you own KOTOR under your user page?

Is this simply to post on BioWare's forums and to have it say that you own KOTOR under your user page?

Yeah, and if you do not have a game registered, your avatar does not show. o:) Not like I care, but I like my HK-47 avatar to be displayed prominently. Crappy thing about Bioware, no custom avatars.